Love Action Church
What We Teach
- God - God is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy
Spirit. These three are co-equal and are the one true God. (Gen. 1, 3; Ps. 90:2, Mt. 28:19, II Cor. 13:14)
- Man - Man is made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. He is the supreme object of God's creation. Although man has potential for good, he is marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called sin which separates man from God.
(Gen. 1:27, Ps. 8:3-6, Is. 59:1, 2; Rom. 3:23)
- Eternity - Man was created to exist forever. He will either exist eternally separated from God because of sin in a literal place called hell, or
will exist eternally with God as a result of man’s acceptance of God’s forgiveness of his sins and salvation through God’s redemptive plan of Jesus Christ in a literal place called heaven. (Jn. 3:16, Rom. 6:23, I Jn. 2:25, I Jn 5:11-13, Rev 20:15)
- Satan/Devil - The devil is the unholy god of this age, a tempter, a thief, a liar, and the author of all powers of darkness who is destined to the judgment of eternal torment in the lake of fire. (Jn. 8:44, Jn. 10, II Cor. 4:4, Mt. 4:1-11, Eph. 6:12, Rev. 20:10)
- Salvation - Salvation is a free gift from God to man through man’s placing his faith and trust in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness and salvation from sin’s death penalty. Man can never make up for his sin by behavioral modifications or good works. At the point of salvation eternal life begins and man begins his spiritual journey with God. (Jn 3:16, Jn 14:6, Rom. 5:1, Rom.3:10, Rom. 5:1, 8, Rom 6:23, Gal 3:26)
- Eternal Security - Because salvation is a gift of God through Jesus Christ it is eternal in nature. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the effort of the Christian. It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives this security of salvation.
(Jn. 3:16, Jn. 10:29, Heb. 7:25, I Pt. 1:3-5)
- The Holy Spirit - The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as they make up the trinity. The Holy Spirit is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ, to live in every Christian from the moment of salvation, and to provide the Christian the power for living, the ability to understand spiritual truth, and the guidance in doing what is right. (Jn. 16:7-13, Jn. 14:16, 17; I Cor. 2:12, I Cor. 3:16, II Cor. 3:17, Gal. 5:25, Eph. 5:18)
- The Bible - The Bible is the infallible Word of God given to all men. It was written by divinely inspired human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the inerrant and supreme source of truth not just for the followers of Christ but for all mankind. (Ps. 12:6, Ps. 119, Prov. 30:5, II Tim. 3:16, II Tim. 1:13, II Pet. 1:20, 21)